Tuesday, October 11, 2011

thoughts on How I Met Your Mother: "Field Trip"

Okay, so I didn't think this episode was awesome, or anything, but I did like 1) Kal Penn 2) Barney's extensive slides on Ewoks, and how he knew random stuff about the kids in Ted's class 3) the extensive polling of the kids in Ted's class and ESPECIALLY 4) when Martin Short told Marshall he was going to hunker down in a bunker with a bunch of canned goods and all five seasons of Friday Night Lights, and Marshall was all, "First of all, skip Season Two." HA! That season was so jacked up. Friday Night Lights fans, remember when Tim Riggins wanted to move out of his brother's house and Mindy was all, "I know a guy who will probably let you crash on his laundry room floor if you help him take care of his ferrets"? And Tim Riggins SAID YES, and wound up accidentally stumbling into the dude's meth lab, and then wound up spontaneously stealing $3,000 from under the dude's coffee table? And then he just showed up at Lyla's church in the middle of a service all, "Hey, I need to borrow $3,000 so some meth dealers don't kill me," and she was just like, "If I give it to you, will you never talk to me again?" And remember when Tim and Lyla had to go down to Mexico to try to talk Jason Street out of getting experimental surgery, and they almost had a threesome but didn't? And remember how Matt Saracen lost his virginity to his grandma's nurse? Yeah. Not Friday Night Lights's finest hour, but pretty darn entertaining.

Yeah, so that was a long tangent. Anyway, this episode of How I Met Your Mother also had a "What?!" moment, which is when Bob Saget very seriously says something that makes me go, "What?!" Marshall: "We're going to save the environment!" Bob Saget: "And kids, as you know...THEY DID." Me: "WHAT?!"

Anyway. Like I said, not a classic, or anything, but pretty fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment