Wednesday, May 25, 2011

thoughts on Glee season finale

First off: I'm glad that Kurt put things in perspective with his conversation with Blaine. Dude. They are a bunch of high school kids who got to go to New York City for the first time. They placed twelfth out of the fifty best show choirs in the nation. Two years ago, their school didn't even have a glee club, and last year, they placed dead last at regionals. COME ON. They have nothing to be upset about or ashamed of. In fact, they should be pretty darn proud. That's some impressive stuff.

So. You all know that I've thought Glee has been pretty hit or miss lately, but I pretty much loved this episode. It perfectly captured the excitement of a first trip to New York City. Also, I don't really give a crap about Rachel and Finn, but I do love that they got so caught up in the song that they kissed onstage. I also loved that when Rachel was all, "I'm going to New York City after graduation and I'm never coming back," like that was a valid reason for her and Finn not to be together, Finn was just like, "Um, graduation's a year away. What are you doing until then?" I also still like Jesse quite a bit. I enjoy that he and Finn are about two seconds away from punching each other in the face every time they see each other, and I went "Aw," when Jesse told Mr. Schue, "I couldn't stay away," and Mr. Schue was like, "From the show? Or her?" I'll say it again: AW! This year is coming up ALL Rachel! Also love that Mercedes and Sam are together, and loved Brittany and Santana's conversation. I'll bet they become a couple for real next season, but I like that this isn't coming easily or quickly. Oh-- and I LOVED Kurt and Rachel's duet on the song from Wicked. For a nationals episode, I didn't think that this episode really had a lot of overly impressive musical moments, but that was great.

Even though I basically loved everything about this episode, it did make me giggle that 1) they didn't even start writing their Nationals songs until they got to New York City and 2) Mr. Schue left a bunch of high school kids unsupervised in New York City for what looked to be a full 24 hours and seemed to honestly expect them to just sit around in the hotel working on their songs. He's so dumb.

So...that's it! Most of the shows I watch either have already had their season finales or are having them tonight, but hopefully I'll find some TV shows on DVD or movies to blog about over the summer =).

No comments:

Post a Comment