Wednesday, June 25, 2014

thoughts on Much Ado About Nothing (2012 Joss Whedon version)

I thought this was Just Delightful.  I'd never read or seen a staged version of this before, but I just loved the story, which involves two elaborate schemes; Don Pedro, Leonato, Claudio, and Hero (played by Reed Diamond, Clark Gregg, Fran Kranz, and Jillian Morgese, resepectively) scheme to trick Benedick (Alexis Denisof) and Beatrice (Amy Acker) into falling in love, while Don John, Conrade, and Borachio (Sean Maher, Riki Lindhome, and Spencer Treat Clark) plot to break up Claudio and Hero's impending wedding.  The setting is contemporary, but the dialogue is traditional Shakespeare; it's all shot in black and white.  I love any story involving an elaborate scheme, and Amy Acker and Alexis Denisof are FANTASTIC; I had previously only seen Amy Acker in the fifth season of Alias, but now I plan to watch Dollhouse, possibly even before I finish Breaking Bad.  Anyway, I thought it was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment