Thursday, November 21, 2013

Nashville/Scandal

Is it just me, or has Nashville gone off the rails into total over-the-top soap opera territory? Don't get me wrong; I love stuff like that.  But that moment last week when Charles Wentworth's wife knocked on Juliette's door and just started making out with her? And then last night when Peggy decided to fake her miscarriage, and she just pulls out this plastic tub that has, like, a professionally printed label on it that says "Pork Blood"? Me to my mom on the phone today: "I don't even know where you'd GET pork blood, but I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't come in a TUB LIKE THAT." My mom: "I don't-- I don't know." And Teddy finds her curled up on the floor all, "I think I lost the baby," but he personally doesn't even accompany her to the doctor? I don't know, man.  I buy that Peggy wouldn't tell Teddy right away that she lost the baby, and obviously at some point she was going to have to tell him the truth, but that was just some ridiculousness, right there.  I'm not complaining, because like I said, I love stuff like that, but that was some nonsense. 

So, Scandal. I could get behind this show a lot more if there were no Quinn and no Huck.  Their storylines never do anything but creep me out and/or make me sad.  I don't particularly like Abby, either, but her romance with David Rosen is kind of sweet.  Also, I NEVER feel like I pay enough attention.  I need to just get a hot beverage and settle in and watch it without distractions.  So...Fitz tells Olivia he had a dream that that house was where the two of them would raise their kids someday, and I'm all, "What?! You have like three kids already with Mellie! What are you even--oh. Okay, that worked for Olivia, apparently."  Like, obviously I can see that Fitz and Olivia are hot for each other and in love and all that, but I wish she could just love Jake.  I know that she does, too, but-- damn.  Also-- did Cyrus ACTUALLY pimp out James, or did James just think that he did and go for it anyway?

Yeah.  So this is the type of stuff I'm watching these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment