Wednesday, February 6, 2013

thoughts on Nashville 2/6/13

Jeez, whoever puts the previews together for Nashville is GOOD, man! Next week? Is the songwriter guy back? I somehow think that whatever happens to Rayna onstage won't end her career, but-- oh, the drama!

So, Teddy slept with someone else first, and he was the one who asked for a divorce. Good. Now she can get out of the marriage virtually guilt-free and things can start to get good...as if they haven't already. The elevator scene didn't disappoint. I really liked how they built up to it with other elevator scenes throughout the episode. Also...once again I find all of Rayna's relationship drama strangely comforting. Any time I have a crush I get kind of frustrated because I feel like I'm acting like I'm twelve, but watching Rayna and Deacon staring at their phones-- debating whether to text the other one, wishing the other one would text them-- and then seeing Deacon sort of dancing around in the hallway, debating whether to go see her, only to be deterred by Teddy, I was like, "Yeah, stuff never changes."

As for the minor storylines-- sweet, if Rayna signs Scarlett and Gunner to her record label, that will bring them into the main storyline the way I've been wanting. Juliette's "I'm a girl!" song at the beginning made my eyes grow huge with the ridiculousness of it all-- the lyrics, the dancing, and Deacon, a grown-ass man, standing there looking like a moron through the whole thing. The song she wrote with Deacon was good, and yeah, both the negative tweets and positive feedback made sense-- obviously the people who came to the concert came to see her hits and probably wouldn't like it, but a larger audience would dig it. I got so frustrated with the record exec-- does an artist really have to go to such lengths just to do anything different, ever? I suspect the answer is yes, because people try to talk you out of making changes/taking risks even when you're not some big star, but-- man, that must be frustrating.

Another great episode! Loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment