Friday, June 3, 2011

Friday Night Lights Season Five Episode Eight

You know what I love about FNL? I love how it's good enough that you don't necessarily miss the characters that have left Dillon, yet it's always so exciting to see those characters again. I love how the old Panthers are all making an appearance in the final season. I was especially excited when I thought that stupid Julie was turning her car towards Tennessee to see stupid Head TA Derek Bishop, but then who came to the door she knocked on but MATT SARACEN! MATT SARACEN! I also fully gasped during the preview for next week's episode when Julie tells Matt about her "affair." THAT is one conversation I can't wait to see. Stupid Julie.

(I've never cared for Julie Taylor all that much, in case you can't tell. I've thought she was pretty bratty since the very beginning of the series, with her whole "I don't date football players" business. And people let her get away with being a brat, is the thing. I have, however, thoroughly enjoyed this Derek Bishop storyline. Julie's really the only character who they could do this "fooling around with a married TA" storyline with and have it have any impact. Tyra and Lyla have both always acted a lot older than they are, so it wouldn't seem like nearly as big of a deal if the same thing happened to either of them.)

Anyway. I have mixed feelings about Billy Riggins being such a big part of this season, but I am enjoying watching Mindy and Becky be friends. Also enjoyed how the scenes with the girls getting ready for the pageant were cut and edited similarly to the scenes of the strippers getting ready backstage, yet all of the pageant people acted all uppity towards the strippers (though obviously the strippers didn't need to boo when Becky got second runner-up). Also, Luke Cafferty is pretty much the sweetest guy ever-- and I mean, he's on a show where like 90% of the guys are incredibly sweet, nice guys, and where even many of the guys who don't seem sweet are good guys deep down, so that's a bold statement. That said, Vince's dad is the devil.

No comments:

Post a Comment